[Az-Geocaching] Geocachers who start out in Geocaching enthusiastically, but

DAVID Hansen listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:34:06 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FCFF.E0C10250

From: Highpointer
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 4:17 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Geocachers who start out in Geocaching enthusias=
tically, but drop out abruptly

There is another geocacher who I am aware of who started geocaching in No=
vember 2001 and exceeded over 100 cache findings in less than two months,=
 but this person has not logged a new cache finding since early February,=
 and last logged onto Geocaching.com nearly a month ago (April 23).  I wo=
nder why such a person would start out geocaching with such great enthusi=
asm, yet drop out as abruptly as he went into it?
Highpointer
This is an easy question at least for me to answer I didnt do quite that =
many in such a short time but I did quite a few in a short period of time=
 and have done very few since then.  but found that over time that findin=
g these alone was not anywhere near as fun as finding them with others, 9=
0% of the caches I have found have been by myself but my friends either l=
ive to far to go or dont find the same enjoyment out of finding caches as=
 I do.  There is also the work factor in the last few months I personally=
 went from the normal 40 hour work week to a 60 hour work week which has =
left very little time for hobbies or anything else...  just my 2 cents wo=
rth.
David Hansen (Tech2000).

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FCFF.E0C10250

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5=
px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">=
 <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV =
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B=
> Highpointer</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday=
, May 16, 2002 4:17 PM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> l=
istserv@azgeocaching.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject=
:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Geocachers who start out in Geocaching enthusiastic=
ally, but drop out abruptly</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <P>There is another g=
eocacher who I am aware of who started geocaching in November 2001 and ex=
ceeded over 100 cache findings in less than two months, but this person h=
as not logged a new cache finding since early February, and last logged o=
nto Geocaching.com nearly a month ago (April 23).&nbsp; I wonder why such=
 a person would start out geocaching with such great enthusiasm, yet drop=
 out as abruptly as he went into it?</P> <P>Highpointer</P> <P><FONT colo=
r=3D#0033ff>This is an easy question at least for me to answer I didnt do=
 quite that many in such a short time but I did&nbsp;quite a few in a&nbs=
p;short period of time and have done very few since then.&nbsp; but found=
 that over time that finding these alone was not anywhere near as fun as =
finding them with others, 90% of the caches I have found have been by mys=
elf but my friends either live to far to go or dont find the same enjoyme=
nt out of finding caches as I do.&nbsp; There is also the work factor in =
the last few months I personally went from the normal 40 hour work week t=
o a 60 hour work week which has left very little time for hobbies or anyt=
hing else...&nbsp; just my 2 cents worth.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=3D#00=
33ff>David Hansen (Tech2000).</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FCFF.E0C10250--