[Az-Geocaching] More on abandoned Caches

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:02:05 -0600

The part that says "as often as you can" leaves a huge grey area.  If I can
only return to an area once ever two or so years then two years is as often
as I can.  The 24hour thing is bogus.  Just because one person places a
cache doesn't mean you can't help maintain it.  How many times has someone
visited a cache and removed something that shouldn't be there?  Everyone
should help maintain the caches that they visit.

Michael

----Original Message Follows----
Key words: "You'll need to return as often as you can.."

Now, that dosen't mean that you can't place caches far from home.  But you
need to have a plan on how to maintain the cache.  If you are not local to
the cache, you should arrange in advance with somebody who can.

I'm sorry.  To do it any other way is irresponsible and contributing to
the problem.