[Az-Geocaching] Bass Ackwards Cache

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 12:34:46 -0700 (PDT)

I agree, with one reservation. There are a large
number of people in the US, Canada and western Europe
with GPS receivers and there are a significant number
of cachers. The problem comes when you go outside
those areas.

I placed a cache in Hong Kong. Due to where I placed
it, I'm positive it's still there. I've had one person
claim to look and be unable to find it and the
pictures I forwarded weren't much help. This was the
first cache in Hong Kong, which now has two real
caches.

I plan on placing a cache in Bangkok next week. I will
be choosing a location that is out of the way, like I
did with my Hong Kong cache, and I plan on taking
better pictures. The only thing that will stop me is
if I can't find a spot that is safe and out of the
way, like I was unable to in Taipei.

I hope to do two more in early June. My rules are that
there can't be a lot of real caches and I have to find
a place it is unlikely to be taken from. I don't
believe that Geocaching will catch on in poorer
countries unless people from wealthier countries start
the process. We just need to make sure the data is
there for someone to decisively say that the cache is
gone.

Eric
TD