[Az-Geocaching] Bass Ackwards Cache

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 11:49:42 -0700

>From: Jason Poulter <polt@snaptek.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Bass Ackwards Cache
>Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:21:57 -0700
>
>so is hap going to log in and archive the cache?
>

>or do we need to send a note to jeremey for him to archive it?
>

>jason

Jason,

He didnt say to me in the email if he was going to archive it. I was going
to email him back and mention that to him. Maybe he forgot about it and I am
the first to ask about it. So, maybe he will. I will email him and tell him
to have it archived. "So Hap, what's happenin'"!  :)

PS... Looks like there are two find logs on Labryinth Canyon.

According to the AZ cache stats (from what I can tell), the now longest
standing cache without a find log is Verde Hot Springs Cache. That is at 208
days. However, we were there a couple of months ago and could not find it.
We spent well over two hours searching for it. Another team has since been
there and also logged a no find on it. You can read our no find log to read
of our displeasure! :/ That was a LONG rough road down there and a mile hike
each way and across cold water up to our hips to come out without a find. It
was a very scenic area to enjoy, however. Just wish we could have made a
find. At the time we went searching for that cache, it was at like 180 days
or so without a single log.

I emailed the cache owners and from what I told them, it sounds like we were
looking in the right spot. It sounds like it is gone. It was right off the
trail going to the Hot Springs. There are alot of people that walk that
trail. It was right near the trail and could easily have been seen. The
cache owner was going to go up and check on it and replace it if so. But, I
dont think they have done it as of yet.

I am starting to become leary of long standing caches with no logs recorded
on them!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind