[Az-Geocaching] New Virtual...

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 20:37:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Bob Renner wrote:

> It looks like Jeremy made a change so that we can't
> see unapproved cache pages.  I tried to see this cache
> and I get redirected to the "Hide Seek" page instead.
> I also tried with other numbers after the latest
> approved cache, and get the same results.  I guess we
> won't be jumping the gun to see cache pages before
> they're approved.  The owner can probably see the
> page, but not the rest of us.

Here's the text from the page, although, you pretty much have all the
details needed to log the cache when it goes approved:

Los Angeles is Everywhere. Los Angeles is a city that just can't help but
get noticed. I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area, and have since
moved on to other places. But for some reason, you just can't escape
LA. There are references everywhere: in names of businesses, highways,
mountains and hills.. even districts and neighborhoods. I'm sure I'm not
the only LA expatriate who has noticed this. Hence, this virtual cache.

To claim credit for this cache, you must locate a place that bears the
same name as a place in Los Angeles. You must photograph it with yourself
and the GPSr in the picture, post GPS coordinates for the location,
include the city where you found it, and briefly explain the tie to Los
Angeles. It must be unique, although it is acceptable to two people to log
a different location in the same city that bears the same name (example: a
chain restaurant with multiple locations, a neighborhood that may have
multiple signs, etc). Lastly, the location must be more than 120 miles
from the coordinates I have entered (which is to say, it needs to be more
than 120 miles from downtown Los Angeles). Note that the location dosen't
necessarily have to be named AFTER it's Los Angeles counterpart, it just
needs to bear the same name. It dosen't even need to be the same type of
location, just the name must match. For purposes of this virtual cache,
"Los Angeles" refers to locations within the city limits of Los Angeles
proper. Finding another "Watts" would count, finding another "Santa
Monica" or "Avalon" would not. If you have any questions about whether or
not your "find" is appropriate or not, feel free to log it anyway.

Additional hints can be decrypted below.
You can decrypt the hint with the chart, or you can cheat.

[There's an obvious one which is acceptable and probably in every town,
but please try to find something more unique.]