[Az-Geocaching] New Virtual...

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 19:37:31 +0000 (GMT)

I've done a dirty deed and created a virtual locationless cache.  Yeah, I
know, lots of people hate 'em, but I don't.  They can be fun and require a
little bit of exploration to properly log.

I'm posting the details here to give locals here a bit of a
head-start.  This virtual is called, "I Love L.A. (Now That I've Moved
Out)."  The object of the virtual is to photograph yourself at a location
that bears the name of someplace in Los Angeles that isn't actually IN Los
Angeles.  You'll need to also get GPS coordinates and you'll need to
explain the connection.  Originality counts.. all finds are expected to be
unique.

I got the idea while dining at a local restaurant here in Phoenix that
fits the description.  The cache has not been approved yet (as of this
E-Mail), but I suspect it will
be.  http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=21814 for the
actual cache page.

Advanced warning: "Alhambra", while a name of a place in the Los Angeles
area and here in Phoenix, is not in the city limits proper of LA,
therefore would not count.  Ditto for "Glendale".  Sorry...

A seperate webpage will be updated showing just the names and locations of
places people have logged to help reduce duplicates.  That site is
http://www.moremayo.com/hobbies/geocaching/ilovela.shtml .

-Feedle