[Az-Geocaching] Costco AA Batteries

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 10:35:49 -0700

At 11:57 PM 5/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>One thing that most people don't realize about nickel metal batteries is
>they de-charge themselves over time, so they probably have a bad rap with
>a lot of people for not holding up for a very long time because they were

I played around with it some right after I got mine, and the batteries
really should be used almost immediately after charging.  With the one hour
charger, I just throw 4 batteries in the night before I am going to go out
and have yet to have a set run out during the day.  With the deal I got on
e-bay I think I paid $1.25 per battery.  This is a pretty good deal no
matter how you slice it.

>charged and then left to sit for a while before used, or used for a short
>time and then let sit for a long time after that, and then it didn't hold
>up.  If you have the 1 hour charge and top them off before use, I would
>bet that you get pretty close to the length of use of 1 time use
>batteries.  Rayovac is actually claiming longer use times that duracell,
>but I haven't bought regular batteries to just let run to see if their
>claims are true on not.

I have found that with my Magellan 315 I get about 15 hours with one time
use batteries and about 9 or 10 with the rechargeable.  When you consider
that you use the rechargeable many times it works out very well.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com