[Az-Geocaching] Locationless Geocaches

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1305561880-1020229245=:8751

Since geocaching is such a new activity, it is good to add variety to the game.   With some of the "locationless" geocaches, I have learned about such things as Registered Historic Places and Superfund Sites.  For example, I learned that the late 19th century in a park at the corner of Southern and Priest near my home - the Niels Petersen House in Tempe - is listed in the national registry of Historic Places, and that there is a Superfund near the site of my government office building in southwest Phoenix - the former 19th Avenue Landfill on the north banks of the Salt River.
The "locationless" geocaches has also encouraged me to finally purchase a digital camera, so I can take pictures of cache locations and upload them to Geocaching.com right after I get home.
Highpointer