[Az-Geocaching] (no subject)

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:23:04 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C233CD.A5C13490

In my "review" of the new query system on geocaching.com the other day,
I mentioned that one of my gripes was the reader-imposed limit on
copying of two lines of text at a time. I presume they did it two
prevent wholesale piracy of their commercial offerings, but it made hint
decryption in the field a major problem.

I have just discovered that this issue has now been addressed. All hints
in your selection are automatically decrypted and placed in an appendix
at the end of the e-book. A bookmark to this appendix is automatically
created. So if you want to read a hint, you go to the appendix and you
can either scroll through or do a find from there on the Waypoint ID.
Each hint has a hyperlink back to its description page in the e-book.
Nicely done, problem solved.

It seems they are continually putting in fixes to address a lot of the
issues that have come up, but they don't announce them anywhere that
I've seen. So I usually wind up finding out about them by accident, like
I did in this case. Does anyone know if there's a place where they're
announcing fixes, new functionality, etc. when it's released? Or maybe
they won't do that until they go gold.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C233CD.A5C13490

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D512100318-25072002><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">In my =
"review" of=20
the new query system on geocaching.com the other day, I mentioned that =
one of my=20
gripes was the reader-imposed limit on copying of two lines of text at a =
time. I=20
presume they did it two prevent wholesale piracy of their commercial =
offerings,=20
but it made hint decryption in the field a major =
problem.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D512100318-25072002><FONT=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua"></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D512100318-25072002><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">I have =
just=20
discovered that this issue has now been addressed. All hints in your =
selection=20
are automatically decrypted and placed in an appendix at the&nbsp;end of =
the=20
e-book. A bookmark to this appendix is automatically created. So if you =
want to=20
read a hint, you go to the appendix and you can either scroll through or =
do a=20
find from there on the Waypoint ID. Each hint has a hyperlink back to =
its=20
description page in the e-book. Nicely done, problem =
solved.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D512100318-25072002><FONT=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua"></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D512100318-25072002><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">It =
seems they are=20
continually putting in fixes to address a lot of the issues that have =
come up,=20
but they don't announce them anywhere that I've seen. So I usually wind =
up=20
finding out about them by accident, like I did in this case. Does anyone =
know if=20
there's a place where they're announcing fixes, new functionality, etc. =
when=20
it's released? Or maybe they won't do that until they go gold.<!-- =
Converted from text/plain format -->=20
<P align=3Dleft><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3D"book antiqua" =
size=3D3>Steve<BR>Team Tierra=20
Buena</FONT> </FONT></P></FONT></SPAN></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C233CD.A5C13490--