[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Lands? Open?

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:19:59 -0700

WOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jason's question got me to checking. I found this:
http://www.land.state.az.us/news/2002/news_release_071902.htm, which
says what's below my sig, which says, THEY'RE (MOSTLY) OPEN AGAIN!

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

===================

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
 FOR MORE INFORMATION:

July 19, 2002
 Cliff Pearlberg, Fire Prevention Officer
Arizona State Land Department
Fire Management Division
(602) 255-4059

ARIZONA STATE LAND DEPARTMENT REOPENS MOST  STATE TRUST LANDS TO
RECREATIONAL USERS

PHOENIX, ARIZONA – The Arizona State Land Department will remove the
closures of state land affecting holders of recreational use permits
effective at 5:00 pm on Friday, July 19, 2002, with the exception of
State lands in Mohave County north and east of State Highway 93, and
Interstate 40 which will remain closed. This closure includes lands on
the Arizona Strip north of the Grand Canyon.

The closures are no longer necessary due to the recent rain and higher
relative humidity across the state. However the rain has done little to
relieve current drought conditions and many areas are still dry.
Lightning caused fires are continuing to occur and there is still a risk
of major wildfires according to Cliff Pearlberg, State Fire Prevention
Officer.

Fire restrictions will continue apply to all State Trust Lands in
Arizona. They will remain in effect through August 31, 2002 or until
further notice.

The restrictions are as follows:

• Building, maintaining, or using a fire, campfire, or charcoal burning
device, except as specifically permitted by the State Forester on a case
by case basis. Petroleum fueled stoves, lanterns, or heating devices are
exempt from these restrictions.

• Using fireworks as defined in ARS § 36-1601.

• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or developed
campground.

These restrictions apply to all permits and leases issued by the State
Land Department and holders of hunting and fishing licenses.

Any state, federal, or local fire or law enforcement officer, or member
of an organized firefighting force is exempt from these prohibitions
while in the performance of their official firefighting duties.