[Az-Geocaching] Travel Bug needs help!

Tim Giron listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:56:06 -0700

>Arizona IS the all beach State....

Hey, I'm currently "on the beach" (a synonym for "on the bench"; the contractors will know what I'm talking about) from work.  Does that count ;>

>Which brings up a question: When you decide to go Caching, do you  have a
>ritual you go through?? or do you just grab the GPSr and say GOTO?

GOTO is considered a bad programming practice in most languages.  I modularize and call a subroutine/method/function instead!

If by ritual you mean something like wearing the same socks, a lucky hat, always using Energizer batteries in the GPSr, making sure the trip meter is reset, carrying a compass just in case, making the whole team chant "we will find it!" and that kind of stuff then the answer is sure; unless you find that strange, then I will categorically deny everything but the lucky hat (since the rest were just thrown in off the top of my head).  Yes, for those of you that have seen pix of us (or had the unbearable pleasure of meeting our team), I do try to wear that Superman hat on all caching adventures.

Tim
Team AZFastFeet