[Az-Geocaching] Earthlink users please read this! (Virus alert)

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
18 Jul 2002 12:35:06 -0700

Someone's computer that is subscribed to this mailing list that uses
earthlink has been bombarding the list is virus.

It's a virus that changes the "from" part of the mail so that it appears
to be coming from people that are in your address do, so I don't have
much to go on other than it came from earthlink's servers. and said they
were from:
mpolenick <mpolenick@cox.net>
feedback <feedback@nytimes.com>
mleader <mleader@alderac.com>

I had more address' but I was deleteing them until I realized that
whoever is sending them probably doesn't have a clue that they are
infected.

I suspect that this is all coming from one person, so you should be able
to look though your address book and see if a couple of all of those
address' are in there, and if they are, you are probably the infected
one.

I can't remember which virus this is off the top of my head or I would
point you in the right direction for the virus killer.  If anyone on the
list knows, please pass along the name of the virus or even better and
link to the virus killer.

Thanks
Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

P.S. Switch to Linux and avoid viri all together :)