[Az-Geocaching] Madonna(s) of the Trail - the cache owner replies

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:37:03 -0700

Brett,

Your posting did get through, as you can see. Welcome to our community.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post here, especially since
it may well feel to you like a hostile environment. That is not the
case. Like you, those of us who participate here are passionate about
Geocaching. One of the things that makes it unique is that there are few
if any standards. At times that is an enormous strength, at times it
bites us on the ankle. There were a number of us here, myself included,
who questioned the validity of your cache based upon what we saw and
didn't see in the cache description.

Could we have handled ourselves more diplomatically? Perhaps, but this
is our locker room. Instead of venting here, and then getting in touch
with you, we could have just continued to vent here. Or vented at you
first. I don't see either of those options as having the potential to
initiate resolution to a degree that compares with what we did do.

I can only speak for myself, but if anything that I wrote caused you to
take offense, I apologize. I am also very happy that you have taken the
steps to get in touch with us and are taking steps to address the
possibility of your cache series being mis-perceived as to its intent.
And if you decide to stick around here, I think you'll find that we're
not just a bunch of heat-addled cache cops, but a group you'll enjoy
getting to know.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena