[Az-Geocaching] Got a question on waypoint data files.

Justin Sever listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:35:56 -0700

I'm not sure how many of you out there use the downloadable waypoint
data files on azgeocaching.com's site, but I have a couple of questions
for those of you that do.

1)  When I open those in ExpertGPS, or EasyGPS, the icon's show up as a
"GEOCACHE", however when I upload the waypoints to my Garmin eMap, the
Icon's don't get transferred, does anyone have any ideas?

I have the icon's checkbox checked as well as the waypoint's checkbox
checked when prompted before the upload.

2)  I don't see an option when I edit the waypoints in EasyGPS or
ExpertGPS for the Geocache or Geocache Found as an option.   I've
updated the firmware on the GPS and the icon's are there, but not in the
software on my computer when I'm setting up the waypoints.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-Goose