[Az-Geocaching] Topo USA

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:05:48 -0600

I have it.  Acutally I've owned Topo USA 2.0, 3.0, and now 4.0.  The base
map is just about the same as the other Topo USA's, about a complete waste.
The best part about Topo 4.0 is that you can now add your own roads and they
software will use them for auto-routing if needed.  There are more icons now
to use as markers and you can make your own.  You can import USGS maps and
sat maps but that costs more $$$.  Another cool thing now is when you import
waypoints from your GPS they will stay as waypoints unless you save them as
a draw file.  Before they would always save as a draw file and that made it
a pain when you went to upload the waypoints back into the GPS.  You can now
view 2-D and 3-D maps at the same time, that helps a little when trying to
find the best line of attack to a cache.  Overall its much better then any
of the other Topo USA's but it could be better even better if they upgrade
that base map.  If you want I can forward you a code to use when you order
online that will save you $30.

Michael

----Original Message Follows----

Hi everyone,

This message if for those that are using Topo USA 4.0.

I am thinking about getting this but was wondering if those of you that are
using it like it.  I would also like to know how it is as far as road and
street mapping goes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven