[Az-Geocaching] One exception to "signing the log" rule

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:12:56 -0600

Hey Scott what if someone logs a find on a cache that you own but they say
for whatever reason that they didn't make a log in the log book.  What do
you do??
Yeah, on one of my caches that we own that did happen.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
I very much agree with Steve (Tierra Buena) on the subject of logging a
find. No log... no find. That is how I do it anyways. Part of the fun of
geocaching (and the challenge) is getting to the cache and logging it. I
personally would not feel like I accomplished anything if I didn't sign the
logbook. The feeling of accomplishment would be lost. Especially on urban
caches. I found 14 caches today. I could have had probably 16 or 17.
However, one cache (I cant think of the name of it off hand; in a park near
Union Hills west of Cave Creek) I found myself sitting for probably a half
an hour or more waiting for some park workers to move. They were just
sitting there right in the area I was to search for the coords for the
second part of that multi-cache. I finally left and went for a couple others
and returned a couple hours later. They were still there! Just sitting there
in the shade! Geez! Look where our tax dollars is going! I waited again for
another half hour or so before finally calling it quits on that one and
heading off to another cache. I could never consider that a 'find'! I never
saw it. Never had the chance though! I also wasnt going to walk on over and
start searching in front of them!

I have had situations where I laid eyes on a micro cache but could not
retrieve it and again had to come back another time. To me that is not a
find if I could not log into it. Even if that cache is 100 miles from my
house. That is all part of the challenge.

I have had many, many, many situations were I didnt get to the cache due to
too many people in the area. I simply went back another day or another time
and found it and logged it.

Everyone plays the game a bit differently. This is just how Team
Ropingthewind does it!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Team Ropingthewind's web page: