[Az-Geocaching] One exception to "signing the log" rule

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:27:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Schwarz <malthusian@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I do think it is essential to sign the log
> book/sheet at the cache
> location, with one exception:
> It is VERY important that a non-cacher does not see
> you retrieving
> or replacing the cache.

I've done this once myself and I debated if I should
count it as a log. Since there was nothing preventing
me from retrieving the cache beyond the fact that
others nearby would see me do so, I logged it as a
find.

I agree with Brian that you have to be able to see it
(feel it?), at a minimum, before being able to count
it. I'd be kind of suprised if caches near Flag could
be seen from 100 yards away.

Eric
Team Dragon