[Az-Geocaching] Team Snaptek

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:34:33 -0700 (MST)

> By the way - what does SNAPTEK stand for - or mean?

There is a lot of history to that word....

Jason and I grew up as neighbors (he lived behind me).  We tended to have
almost the exact same interests the goals and hung out so much that even
to this day we can tell what the other person is going to say a lot of the
time.  Anyway, some time when we were your we start replacing a lot of the
english language with the word snap.  I think is was Jason that started it
all.  We later decided that snap was an acronym for "Super gNarly
All-purpose Phrase".
	Years later and having grown up quite a bit we decided that we
needed to make some money off our love for all techknowlegy type things
and we decided to go under the name snaptek of couse changing tech to tek
just to be a little different.
	We started out doing 3D rendered graphics and have since moved on
to mostly doing Linux related stuff.  I don't know if you even chopped the
geocaching off of the domain or not to get http://snaptek.com, but if you
did you would find a site, horribly in need of an update, that I threw up
years ago to show off some of the graphical talents we had going.  The
only problem is that I never really put much of a gallery up to look at,
it really only is the first page.

Anyway, these days it just means anything that has to do with
techknowledy with Jason and I. (Like a GPS :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek