[Az-Geocaching] Coleman Travel Bug

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:00:56 -0700 (MST)

> > You know...I just don't understand that reasoning.  Why would a person not
> > want to log their finds?
>
>  There are alot of resaon not to log finds....  If i run across something
> important i will put a note ...but that is as far as i go at this point in
> time... There is a lot of info that people can get about  you from the
> net... I do know at some point i will sit down and log them but right now it
> not a wise thing for me to do.

I was mostly speaking about not logging travel bugs, since that is the
whole point of a bug.  If I just wanted something to travel around
anonymously, I would duct tape it to the bottom of an amtrac train.

I know there are reasons that someone might not wany to log caches.   I
don't under stand why...  I don't particularly care if someone knows where
I WAS... It's where I'm GOING to be that I tend to protect.

I still think that just a simple log is extremly valuable to let other
people know that the thing is there.  Imagine if there were 300+ caches
and no ability to log that they were even there.  I'd bet that it wouldn't
be as popular since it would greatly turn people off to have such a high
failure rate.  I certainly know I don't want to go looking for something
that probably isn't there.  If I wanted to do that I would look for my cat
that went missing in the middle of december.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek