[Az-Geocaching] Communications...

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:14:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm just glad that somebody noticed that FRS and CB are NOT the same
(not even close frequency wise) before I jumped in to point that out.

Good luck getting your Ham license Scott, it isn't that hard anymore
(Code requirements are much less or none) and it really opens up your
communications options. Dan and I have 2 repeaters at the house, one
with a phone patch and the other with an IRLP (Internet link that
allows linking/talking to any IRLP node and people around the world)
in addition to world-wide comm on HF, local on radios in all cars,
house and handhelds. It's our OTHER addiction!

Trisha "Lightning" N7TMY
Dan "VStar" WB6ALS
Prescott

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.geocaching.com/faq.asp">http://www.geocaching.com/faq.asp</a>

> >*Do you have an FRS channel to find out if other Geocachers are in
the
> >area?*
> >
> >Yes. The community has decided on channel 2 as the primary and 12 as
> the
> >alternate FRS (Family Radio Service) channel. FRS radios are longer
> >distance walkie talkies, like the Motorola Talkabout.
> >
> >Brian Cluff
> >Team Snaptek
> >

> So, let's declare CB channel 2 (primary) and 12 (secondary) as the
> official
> channels for communications for CB as well. Keep it simple! I will
> email
> Jeremy and ask if he will add that to the FAQ's page were the FRS
> channels
> are posted.
>
> Cant recall much of anything on CB channels 2 and 12. Fairly quite
> channels.
>
> Does this sound like a good plan?
>
> The VHF radios are great (like the Motorola Spirit radios and such)
as

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&D">http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&D</a>
href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3">http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3</a>

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.azgeocaching.com">http://www.azgeocaching.com</a>