[Az-Geocaching] Re: Purchase of Magellan Platinum GPS receiver

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:08:40 -0700

At 10:28 AM 12/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Its almost a happy new year and team Seeking is looking to upgrade its GPS
>receiver. We currently have a sporttark map, and It has been outstanding.
>But now we want to upload more detailed data, topo maps etc., and are
>looking to acquire a Magellan Platinum system. I have called Wide World

You might want to consider a SporTrak Pro to replace your map model.  The
Pro 9 meg of space for basemaps and 23 meg for street level maps compared
to the 2 meg for basemap and 6 meg for street level maps that the SporTrak
Map has.

I have a Pro and have been very happy with it.  I haven't loaded any topo
maps yet, but I have loaded the entire state of Arizona at the street level
and it took right at 15 meg.  I still have 32% of my detailed level map
memory available for things like topos.

I agree with you about the Magellan GPS units.  This is my second, the
first was a 315 which I still have, and I have been very happy with them.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com