[Az-Geocaching] Cache entropy

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:12:17 -0800 (PST)

Hmm...guess I am dense today, Regan, I don't get the "R" thing...

Scott,

I don't know about the ShowLow area, but around Prescott they only
keep the major forest roads open (plowed), and sometimes not even
those. For example, Senator Hwy (FR 52) from Prescott to Crown King is
not maintained past a certain point, (someplace after Groom Creek and
all the campgrounds) unless private land owners do it.

The "Cleator" Road off of I-17 is kept plowed for the Crown King
residents.

Some places have gates that are locked, to keep people out for their
OWN protection (and for the safety of the SAR folks who have to go
find them and get them out.) For example, the main road on Mingus Mtn.
The smaller roads may have a barricade, or nothing.

You would have to inquire at the local FS office where you want to go,
that would be my best advice for local conditions. And I would be very
careful even if there isn't much snow but it is muddy. Getting stuck
is very easy if it is muddy. If it isn't too wet, and no storm is
approaching, you are probably OK.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.safwp.bravepages.com/geocaching.html">http://www.safwp.bravepages.com/geocaching.html</a>