[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching in Tempe

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:17:58 -0800 (PST)

--0-529171285-1040008678=:14941

Brian,
I live in Tempe, relatively close to the airport, and I have geocaches stashed in Tempe and other parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area.  If you are a baseball fan, then I recommend that you visit one of my caches, Angels Spring Training World Championship Edition.  It is located in Tempe near the spring training headquarters of the World Series Champions Anaheim Angels.  It is close to the airport.  Other geocachers have expressed favorable comments about this cache in their log entries, and it is less than a quarter-mile round-trip hike from the parking lot.  I set up this cache up in late February, during the first week of spring training, and apparently it gave the Angels good luck during the season.
There are other caches nearby, such as Los Muertos de Tempe.  It's a two-stage cache but the first coordinate is very close to where you can park your car, and the actual cache is a short hike from there.  I also have a traditional two-stage urban cache near my home, Fortune Cookie.
Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-529171285-1040008678=:14941

<P>Brian,
<P>I live in Tempe, relatively close to the airport, and I have geocaches stashed in Tempe and other parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area.&nbsp; If you are a baseball fan, then I recommend that you visit one of my caches, <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=15511">Angels Spring Training World Championship Edition</A>.&nbsp; It is located in Tempe near the spring training headquarters of the World Series Champions Anaheim Angels.&nbsp; It is close to the airport.&nbsp; Other geocachers have expressed favorable comments about this cache in their log entries, and it is less than a quarter-mile round-trip hike from the parking lot.&nbsp; I set up&nbsp;this cache up in late February, during the first week of spring training, and apparently it gave the Angels good luck during the season.
<P>There are other caches nearby, such as <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=14614">Los Muertos de Tempe</A>.&nbsp; It's a two-stage cache but the first coordinate is very close to where you can park your car, and the actual cache is a short hike from there.&nbsp; I also have a traditional two-stage urban cache near my home, <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=29478">Fortune Cookie</A>.
<P>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)</P>
--0-529171285-1040008678=:14941--