[Az-Geocaching] What we place in Urban Caches

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:10:51 -0700

I just received an email from a non geocacher that her 10 year old son found in the park.  She wrote "my 10 yr old son
has found your cashe and brought it home to me.  sorry to have messed up your game.  your log book, a pencil, 2 cards, a
keychain and a small pocket knife are inside.  I will return your cashe to the park, but not sure of the actual
location, not to mention... I really don't feel right about leaving a knife in the park for a kid to find.(justaMy
opinion) so... took knife, left peace of mind.   12/09/02  good hunting."

This is something I have not thought about, when we hid regular caches in the forest, we don't worry about kids finding
them, but this is a case where we should consider what we put in urban Caches that are hidden in city parks.

I thought I would share, and to keep us out of trouble.

Denny
Tres Hombres