[Az-Geocaching] GeoTheives and frustration

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:34:23 -0700

--=====================_1981053==_.ALT

At 07:02 AM 12/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Stealth applications take some time...Friends Again will be the name). I
>just find it very frustrating that after putting time and effort into a
>item that is stolen. a knee jerk reaction would be to say this a a ill
>placed cache but the cache has been around for over 3 months and not 2 days....

When we first started hiding caches I gave this a lot of thought.  I
decided that there was always going to be a certain percentages of caches
that were going to be plundered in some manner.  Because of that I decided
that it was much more important to find a great place for a cache instead
of spending a lot of time or money on the physical cache itself.  The only
thing that I am upset about if one of my caches disappears is the log book,
nothing else has any real value.

As an example, there is a cache out in Red Rock Canyon near Vegas that is a
pringles can.  It is a very cheap cache container, and the mere fact that
it is a pringles can helps you in retrieving and replacing the cache
without attracting any undue notice.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

--=====================_1981053==_.ALT

At 07:02 AM 12/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
applications take some time...Friends Again will be the name). I just
find it very frustrating that after putting time and effort into a item
that is stolen. a knee jerk reaction would be to say this a a ill placed
cache but the cache has been around for over 3 months and not 2
When we first started hiding caches I gave this a lot of thought.&nbsp; I
decided that there was always going to be a certain percentages of caches
that were going to be plundered in some manner.&nbsp; Because of that I
decided that it was much more important to find a great place for a cache
instead of spending a lot of time or money on the physical cache
itself.&nbsp; The only thing that I am upset about if one of my caches
disappears is the log book, nothing else has any real value.<br><br>
As an example, there is a cache out in Red Rock Canyon near Vegas that is
a pringles can.&nbsp; It is a very cheap cache container, and the mere
fact that it is a pringles can helps you in retrieving and replacing the
cache without attracting any undue notice.<br><br>
&nbsp;<br>