[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Etrex

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:32:28 -0700

I hear your pain!  My etrex took a dip in Canyon lake last summer...it
was literally drug across the water for a split second while hanging
from my neck.  We're talking submerged less than one inch...definitely
no where near the 1 meter!  Needless to say it quit working.  After
waiting on hold with Garmin twice for over an hour and a half (the
never did pick up) and 3 emails to Garmin without any response after 2
weeks, I gave up.  The following week I tried one more time to turn it
on and low and behold it lives!  I'm still using it!
I'm glad to hear someone else got better customer service...I seemed to
get shoved into a closet and forgotten!:)

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+
Kiva and Lancer (German Shepherds)