[Az-Geocaching] RE: El Camino del Diablo Strike Force

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 19:26:39 -0700

> Finally, on the discussion of teaming up for doing the El
> Camino Del Diablo
> caches... what is the date(s) being considered? Is it planned
> as a one day
> thing or an overnight camping trip? I would definetly be
> interested in going
> if my schedule allows. However, my schedule will not allow me
> to plan for it
> until a day before it unfortunately (you know the saying:
> business before
> pleasure!). I wonder who long the process is to get a permit? I would
> definetly be interested if I am able to make a fairly late decision.

D-Day is Sunday, January 19, 2003. It's going to be a day trip, so
people can make whatever arrangements they deem necessary to meet in
Wellton Sunday morning. That doesn't preclude anyone from setting up
some camping around this, but Judi and I won't be able to participate,
so we ain't adding it to our To-Do List.

Someone (you could probably do a search on the list archive on the
azgeocaching.com web site) noted that you now have to go to the BLM
office in Phoenix or the Cabeza Prieta office in Ajo to see an
instructional video before you can fill out the application, but they
will process the application while you are there. There may have been
additional offices where you could do this, but I don't recall what or
where they were.

This is probably a good time to remind you that EACH ADULT visitor must
secure a permit (and presumably view the video). We're planning on going
to get the permits on Monday, 12/9, so we'll report on how it went here.

Steve