[Az-Geocaching] RE - The Oasis Scandle

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:57:14 -0700

On Saturday 30 November 2002 05:50 pm, skydad wrote:
> My advice to Snaptek - throw these jokers
> off the threads and return it to the people who love geocaching for what it
> was meant to be.

I would prefer not to ever have to do that.  There are currently 155 people on
the list, and the fact that is runs as smooth as it does speaks volumes to
the character to the participants of this mailing list.
>From time to time a message come though the list that I just cringe at while
I'm reading it.  Sometimes the person that sent it had a bad day, sometimes
they have a valid point that we just would prefer not to hear, and much as we
don't like it, the extreme messages as what keeps the list going.  If you
follow the traffic on the list, you will notice that it dies down to nothing
but a congratulations message from time to time, till someone posts a rather
extreme message, and that will kick off all sorts of converstions.  The topic
will often times split sevral times and will continue to several days, and in
the end most of the messages are good hearted discussion.

	I tend to let people speak their minds, even when they are speaking on a
subject contrary to my own personal beliefs. Who's to say who is right and
wrong.  I could see both sides of the story between Trisha and Scott, and I
felt they were both right to some degree.  I would have prefered that it
didn't get quite so heated, but it also seems to have ended on an good note.
Trisha has updated her log to be more clear and Scott gave the requested
apology.

	I think the only time I would ever kick someone off the list is if they were
presenting a true problem to the list, being generally disruptive, or sending
messages that were psysically harmful to the list server or it recipients.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek