[Az-Geocaching] Pack Rat Fire

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:43:30 -0700

If I remember both of these there is not a lot a fuel in the direct areas where the caches are, I just wonder if they
will survive?

Weekend before last did they not say that the Pack Rat Fire was fully contained, or the guy at the Strawberry School
house told us that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn Moore [mailto:allynmoore@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 2:12 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Pack Rat Fire

Trisha, I thiink you are right; it looks like there is fire in the area of the RR Depot cache.  The other fire up on the
rim appears to be directly below the Rim Vista cache; I saw a map that showed several roads up on the rim in that area
are closed due to the fire.

Here in Payson, we can look right up the Beeline Highway and see the fire.  It appears much worse today.  At noon, I saw
TV trucks from three channels up near Mesa Del Caballo where you can get a pretty good view, getting coverage.

Allyn

  _____

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo!  <http://rd.yahoo.com/finance/mailsig/new/*http://finance.yahoo.com> Finance - Get real-time stock quotes