[Az-Geocaching] fire? campout?

Cody Brown listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:28:31 -0700

Even though the fire is burning, fire restrictions remain lifted.  Cheryl
and I were camping at the campout site this weekend.  We saw the smoke and
fire from Payson last night but its nowhere near the campsite.  Weather was
a little warm during the day but absolutely beautiful mornings and nights.

Hope Team Snaptek can make it.  Looking forward to some more of their fried
chicken.  :-)

Cody & Cheryl
Team CBX2

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           Jason Poulter <polt@snaptek.com>  |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeo|
|         |           caching.com                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           08/24/02 10:27 PM                 |
|         |           Please respond to listserv        |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       listserv@azgeocaching.com                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Az-Geocaching] fire? campout?                                               |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

looks like the pack rat fire is pretty close to last years geocaching
camp out location...

i just saw it on the news and looked like it was pretty close to where
we were going to have this years camp out... you know the news crappy
graphics...  so i thought i would check it out

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/fire/

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/fire/webdaily/swalargefires/pack_rat.jpg

they said should be contained by next weekend... hope it to spread... or
cancel the campout...

jason