Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Another Geocacher out of work

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:17:38 -0700

--=====================_261248250==_.ALT

At 06:23 PM 8/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>The economy isn't recovering nearly as well as anyone would have
>hoped.  Many of the guys I worked with in IT have also found jobs, but as
>with my situation, they all pay less.  It's now an employer's market, and
>we're left with the scraps they want to offer.

I can't speak for larger companies, and can only speak for the small
business that I own, but my take home pay has dropped 75% since Sept.
11.  I kept my employees and they still get paid, but with the slump in
business it doesn't leave much for me.  My problem is that I am working
just as many hours as I did when I was making more money so there hasn't
been any more time for geocaching. :-(

You are right, the economy isn't recovering nearly as well as would be
nice, but it will come around, just have to hold on until it does.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_261248250==_.ALT

At 06:23 PM 8/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
anyone would have hoped.&nbsp; Many of the guys I worked with in IT have
also found jobs, but as with my situation, they all pay less.&nbsp; It's
now an employer's market, and we're left with the scraps they want to
I can't speak for larger companies, and can only speak for the small
business that I own, but my take home pay has dropped 75% since Sept.
11.&nbsp; I kept my employees and they still get paid, but with the slump
in business it doesn't leave much for me.&nbsp; My problem is that I am
working just as many hours as I did when I was making more money so there
hasn't been any more time for geocaching. :-(<br><br>
You are right, the economy isn't recovering nearly as well as would be
nice, but it will come around, just have to hold on until it
does.<br><br>