[Az-Geocaching] Is unemployment higher among geocachers than the general population?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:23:37 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1887685689-1030152217=:7963

I am sorry to see that Bob Renner has lost his job.  I hope he finds a new job soon and is not forced to move away from Arizona to a state with an inferior quality of life, as Loran Wilcox is having to do by moving to Grand Rapids.
Why are so many geocachers losing their jobs?  Is there something about the personality or work ethics of geocachers that makes them less likely to succeed in the business world?  Does geocaching impede career success?  (Perhaps geocachers spend so much time looking for caches that they fail to put maximum effort into their jobs).
Also, with one of our leading geocachers being forced to move out of Arizona to find employment, is this a bad reflection on the economy of Arizona?  According to some authors and writers that I've read, many Arizonans supposedly have to move out of Arizona to find jobs that pay well and are compatible with their skills and educational attainment.  Michigan has had a reputation of being one of the most economically disadvantaged states in the USA - but apparently, Arizona is even more economically disadvantaged than Arizona, because one of us can find a job in Michigan but not in Arizona.
I'm looking for a new job because I am not happy at my current employment, but since I am working for a government agency, it is hard to fire me unless I really screw up badly or commit an act of gross misconduct.  However, I've been submitting my resume to several organizations, and I have an interview scheduled at a Stantec Consulting next week and with the Town of Gilbert (at a office near Gilbert Historical Museum) in two weeks.  Hopefully I can move on to more interesting work at a better place for me.
Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1887685689-1030152217=:7963

<P>I am sorry to see that Bob Renner has lost his job.&nbsp; I hope he finds a new job soon and is not forced to move away from Arizona to a state with an inferior quality of life, as Loran Wilcox is having to do by moving to Grand Rapids.
<P>Why are so many geocachers losing their jobs?&nbsp; Is there something about the personality or work ethics of geocachers that makes them less likely to succeed in the business world?&nbsp; Does geocaching impede career success?&nbsp; (Perhaps geocachers spend so much time looking for caches that they fail to put maximum effort into their jobs).
<P>Also, with one of our leading geocachers being forced to move out of Arizona to find employment, is this a bad reflection on the economy of Arizona?&nbsp; According to some authors and writers that I've read, many Arizonans supposedly have to move out of Arizona to find jobs that pay well and are compatible with their skills and educational attainment.&nbsp; Michigan has had a reputation of being one of the most economically disadvantaged states in the USA - but apparently, Arizona is even more economically disadvantaged than Arizona, because one of us can find a job in Michigan but not in Arizona.
<P>I'm looking for a new job because I am not happy at my current employment, but since I am working for a government agency, it is hard to fire me unless I really screw up badly or commit an act of gross misconduct.&nbsp; However, I've been submitting my resume to several organizations, and I have an interview scheduled at a Stantec Consulting next week and with the Town of Gilbert (at a office near <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=25600">Gilbert Historical Museum</A>) in two weeks.&nbsp; Hopefully I can move on to more interesting work at a better place for me.
<P><STRONG><EM>Ken</EM></STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</P>
--0-1887685689-1030152217=:7963--