[Az-Geocaching] Fw: Geocaching- AZ site stewards

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:30:10 -0700 (MST)

On 23 Aug 2002, Brian Cluff wrote:

> I know I don't mind passing along what the majority of the people on the
> list have expressed, but I always refer anyone that asked for hard
> policies to the official site or Jeremy.  I see our site as more of a
> watering hole, or a VAR for geocaching in arizona, but nothing
> official.  I wouldn't mind being considered the official watering hole,
> but everyone else has to determin that, and I think that people have to
> some extent.

For most of us, I think we probably all consider your site our official
watering hole.  It sure quenches our thirst for Arizona related caching quite
well!

> There should be a follow up article in the republic tomorrow that should
> take a little of the sting out of the last article, and there should be
> a very favorable article in the tribune in a few days and I just
> answered a few questions though e-mail for the Independant, but he asked
> for them back by noon today and I got them in at noon:20 so I don't know
> if he had to move onto another acticle by then.  If he does do one, that
> one should be at least informational, and probably favorable to us.
> I know that I have had a crash course in journalism in a past few weeks,
> I would now not be very suprised to see an article detailing how
> geocachers would spread the west nile virus because of how much more we
> are outside and therefore more likely to get an infectious mosquito
> bite, and of course the article would probably sounds like we are all
> carriers... whatever.

I'll look forward to seeing it.

Jim.

Jim Scotti