[Az-Geocaching] Re: survey of sorts

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:17:57 -0700

> 1) How did you get introduced to Geo Caching?
I found a link on the Garmin web site.

> 2) How long have you been a Geo Cacher?
April 27th 2002

> 3) What is your present GPS'r?
Garmin emap

>     a) What was your first GPS'r?
Garmin emap

1

>     c) What unit(s) would you recommend to new cachers?
I often recommend the emap, but I like the Garmin 76s as well.

> 4) How long did it take to locate your first cache?
The first cache I looked for was missing.  I found out several days later.

> 5) What has been your most memorable cache?
910.285 or Fore.

>     a) Why?
910.285 was the most unique, and Fore was my real first find.

> 6) What has been your least favorite cache?
Any cache too close to private land.

>     a) Why?
I hate people to think that you're up to something behind their house or
property.

> 7) What factors dictate which cache you go looking for?
I like anything thats not a multi-cache.

2

> 9) Has that meeting changed the way you cache?
No

> 10) When unable to locate a cache how long do you search?
Up to an hour

3

>     b) Do you contact the cache owner for help?
No

>     c) Do you ask other cachers for help?
No

> 11) When driving around are you tempted to go and look again at caches
> you have found before?
No, but I sure point them out to my kids as we go by.

> 12) What has been the best trinket in a cache?
Book
> 13) What has been the worst trinket in a cache?
Used golf balls are pretty lame.

> 14) Do you leave a signature item?
No

>     a) Are you considering your own?
Not yet.

>     b) Who has the most notable?
Team Sand Dollar

> 15) When in a populated area waiting to retrieve a cache what things do
> you do to pass the time?
I usually abort and come back later.

>     a) While waiting what was the worst thing to have happen?
Nothing

>     b) What has been the best thing?
Found 5 softballs recently.

> 16) Do you practice Cache in Trash out?