[Az-Geocaching] survey of sorts...

Bell, Robert listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:11:38 -0700

TEAM CHUMP REPORTING .....

1) How did you get introduced to Geo Caching?
	A: Team GPERS

2) How long have you been a Geo Cacher?
	A: Since Sept 2001

3) What is your present GPS'r?
	A: etrex summit

    a) What was your first GPS'r?
	A: same

    b) How many units have you owned?
	A: 1, purchasing the Garmin RINO in the next few weeks though,
         once it is available.

    c) What unit(s) would you recommend to new
cachers?
	A: Garmin with mapping capabilities.

4) How long did it take to locate your first cache?
	A: 5 minutes (Rancho, long gone now... :(  )

5) What has been your most memorable cache?
	A: RIP.  4 caches that day, coke ovens, and a bad ass road
         trip - including driving across the Gila River.  But we
         made it, unscathed!  Lots of other real good ones too though.

    a) Why?
	A: Team Effort, 4 wheeling, puzzle caches. Combined all my favorite
         aspects of the game.  Oh yes, and we got a pie coupon.

6) What has been your least favorite cache?
	A: Locationless ones.

    a) Why?
	A: They've really gotten some bad ones now.  Some are ok, but
         for example there are locationless that are "find a US flag
         on a pole" or "Take a picture of a water tower".
         If you don't need a GPS, I question if it is a cache at all.

7) What factors dictate which cache you go looking
for?
	A: I go for all of them eventually.

8) How many other Geo Cachers have you met while on a
caching hunt?
	A: Surprisingly, many.  I would say maybe 15 teams.

9) Has that meeting changed the way you cache?
	A: No. (?)

10) When unable to locate a cache how long do you
search?
	A: many factors.  How remote?  Basically as long
         as I have time until I have searched the area
         to my satisfaction.

    a) How many attempts before logging a no-find?