FW: [AZ-Geocaching] survey of sorts...

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:44:31 -0700

See below
Tres Hombres replies

-----Original Message-----
From: Regan Smith [mailto:buggers@mindspring.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:11 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] survey of sorts...

Howdy

After I take another statistics class I will put the results in some other useless form but until then I will just group
the best or most popular answers together. Some questions are yes/no others are not keep answers concise as possible.

1) How did you get introduced to Geo Caching?  By a friend
2) How long have you been a Geo Cacher?   My first was in September of last year, but I really became a Geocacher at the
beginning of this year.
3) What is your present GPS'r?  Garmin Etrex
    a) What was your first GPS'r?Garmin Etrex
    b) How many units have you owned? 1
    c) What unit(s) would you recommend to new cachers?  Garmin, depending on Money available one with mapping
capability
4) How long did it take to locate your first cache?  Five Minutes
5) What has been your most memorable cache?  RIP
    a) Why?   It took me to see the Coke ovens
6) What has been your least favorite cache?  Four of Seven
    a) Why?  There was not trail, and the last bunch was bush whacking up hill on solid Scrub Oak
7) What factors dictate which cache you go looking for?   If it is there
8) How many other Geo Cachers have you met while on a caching hunt?  maybe 10-13 groups
9) Has that meeting changed the way you cache?   Hints from some have
10) When unable to locate a cache how long do you search?   I have searched for up to two hours
    a) How many attempts before logging a no-find?  one, but then I will try try try again
    b) Do you contact the cache owner for help?   After about 3 times of trying if need be.
    c) Do you ask other cachers for help?  Yes
11) When driving around are you tempted to go and look again at caches you have found before?   On occasion
12) What has been the best trinket in a cache?  Ace Bandage, I twisted my knee on the hike and I needed it.
13) What has been the worst trinket in a cache?  broken Sanddollar
14) Do you leave a signature item?  No
    a) Are you considering your own?  No
    b) Who has the most notable?  Wyle E pocket coyote
15) When in a populated area waiting to retrieve a cache what things do you do to pass the time?   Talk on the phone, or
at least act like I am.
    a) While waiting what was the worst thing to have happen?   ??
    b) What has been the best thing?  Met other cachers
16) Do you practice Cache in Trash out?   usually
17) Your own question for others?