[Az-Geocaching] Really funny log entry

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:33:08 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C24928.0CDB18C0

My respect to a honest cacher
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Scott Wood=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:00 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Really funny log entry

  I don't know if Night Hunter is on this list or not, but I just got =
the following Log Watch Notification that I felt needed to be shared =
with everyone.

  Scott

  Night Hunter has logged a cache on your watch list (O_dog #2). You can =
visit the cache at the following link:
  http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3D13328
  User comments:=20
  I have to admit that when I first started walking out this wash; I was =
think that this wasn't very fun. The brush was thick and overgrown due =
to recent rains.
  Then all of a sudden, I heard a loud breaking of branches and =
thunderous footfalls in front of me. It sounded like a Rhinoceros was =
coming right at me. I quickly looked around and picked up a medium sized =
rock in the hopes that I could strike a blow David and Goliath style =
before being impaled by the monster's snout. As soon as I lifted my =
meager weapon above my head the noise stopped. Now I figured that I not =
only had an armored animal coming after me, but one that was smart =
enough to know when he was threatened and now he was being tactical. I =
inched slowly forward, thinking that There was no way I was going to let =
some African animal that didn't even belong out here get in my way of my =
yet unfound treasure. After about three steps, I heard a faint brushing =
of leaves to my left. I looked over and less than ten feet from me was a =
good- sized deer. I frantically but silently waved my hands at the =
innocent animal in the hopes of encouraging her to run away and be save! =

  d from the horned beast that was still hiding somewhere near-by. My =
plan succeeded, and as the sweet doe ran away, she made a noise equal to =
that of my menacing predator. With the stone still above my head, in a =
pitiful attempt to keep my armed foe at bay, I started walking forward =
again. After about 100 feet, I decided that I would have enough time to =
raise my weapon if I heard the noise again and lowered my stone and =
listened. After hearing nothing for a few seconds, I continued on my =
quest, with stone in hand, to find what I was after.=20
  Soon after I was safe from that Life-changing event, I realized that =
this was going to be a really nice hike after all. The Canyon opened up =
and the walls rose above me. Absolutely beautiful. Tiny frogs bounced =
all around my feet. A few snakes slithered around the tadpole filled =
ponds.=20
  When my GPSr told me to start heading out of the wash, I was thick in =
the brush. I hopped up on a rock to see my best option. That is when I =
saw the Geo-Trail (a trail that has absolutely no purpose to anybody =
except a Geocacher.)
  After looking for about 30 minutes I finally found the Cache and took =
a much needed rest.
  I was so worn out after that hike, that I did not want to hike back =
out. It was so beautiful, that I actually thought about camping there =
for the night. I may have, if I wasn't afraid of the Wild Rhinos.
  Thanks for the adventure of my life
  Night Hunter

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C24928.0CDB18C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My respect to a honest =
cacher</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dwood@myblueheaven.com =
href=3D"mailto:wood@myblueheaven.com">Scott=20
  Wood</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 21, =
2002 1:00=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Really =
funny log=20
  entry</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>I don't know if Night Hunter is on this list or not, =
but I just=20
  got the following Log Watch Notification that I felt needed to be =
shared with=20
  everyone.<BR><BR>Scott<BR><BR><BR>Night Hunter has logged a cache on =
your=20
  watch list (O_dog #2). You can visit the cache at the following =
link:<BR><FONT=20
  color=3D#0000ff><U><A=20
  href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3D13328"=20
  =
eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3D=
13328<BR></A></U></FONT>User=20
  comments: <BR>I have to admit that when I first started walking out =
this wash;=20
  I was think that this wasn't very fun. The brush was thick and =
overgrown due=20
  to recent rains.<BR>Then all of a sudden, I heard a loud breaking of =
branches=20
  and thunderous footfalls in front of me. It sounded like a Rhinoceros =
was=20
  coming right at me. I quickly looked around and picked up a medium =
sized rock=20
  in the hopes that I could strike a blow David and Goliath style before =
being=20
  impaled by the monster's snout. As soon as I lifted my meager weapon =
above my=20
  head the noise stopped. Now I figured that I not only had an armored =
animal=20
  coming after me, but one that was smart enough to know when he was =
threatened=20
  and now he was being tactical. I inched slowly forward, thinking that =
There=20
  was no way I was going to let some African animal that didn't even =
belong out=20
  here get in my way of my yet unfound treasure. After about three =
steps, I=20
  heard a faint brushing of leaves to my left. I looked over and less =
than ten=20
  feet from me was a good- sized deer. I frantically but silently waved =
my hands=20
  at the innocent animal in the hopes of encouraging her to run away and =
be=20
  save! <BR>d from the horned beast that was still hiding somewhere =
near-by. My=20
  plan succeeded, and as the sweet doe ran away, she made a noise equal =
to that=20
  of my menacing predator. With the stone still above my head, in a =
pitiful=20
  attempt to keep my armed foe at bay, I started walking forward again. =
After=20
  about 100 feet, I decided that I would have enough time to raise my =
weapon if=20
  I heard the noise again and lowered my stone and listened. After =
hearing=20
  nothing for a few seconds, I continued on my quest, with stone in =
hand, to=20
  find what I was after. <BR>Soon after I was safe from that =
Life-changing=20
  event, I realized that this was going to be a really nice hike after =
all. The=20
  Canyon opened up and the walls rose above me. Absolutely beautiful. =
Tiny frogs=20
  bounced all around my feet. A few snakes slithered around the tadpole =
filled=20
  ponds. <BR>When my GPSr told me to start heading out of the wash, I =
was thick=20
  in the brush. I hopped up on a rock to see my best option. That is =
when I saw=20
  the Geo-Trail (a trail that has absolutely no purpose to anybody =
except a=20
  Geocacher.)<BR>After looking for about 30 minutes I finally found the =
Cache=20
  and took a much needed rest.<BR>I was so worn out after that hike, =
that I did=20
  not want to hike back out. It was so beautiful, that I actually =
thought about=20
  camping there for the night. I may have, if I wasn't afraid of the =
Wild=20
  Rhinos.<BR>Thanks for the adventure of my life<BR>Night=20
Hunter<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C24928.0CDB18C0--