[Az-Geocaching] It's not as bad as we have been told

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:47:21 -0700 (MST)

Hey Brian,
    Thanks for forwarding the info.  Two questions, how much of the state
trust land does he speak for?  Would there be a similar contact we should
make down here in Tucson?  Second, I wonder what he would think of a virtual
cache at well known archeology or historical sites.  I suppose there aren't
many of those on state trust land since they would probably be under the
National Park service (or maybe should be...).  Places like ghost towns or
whatever.  There's one cache down here which is planted in an old rock wall
(from the early 1900s) and near the remains of an old dam and there are
several petroglyph sites including a prominant one on a rock in the canyon
leading up to the dam.  It's not on park land and it's a pretty popular
hiking trail, so that probably doesn't fit the bill either, but there may be
other areas like that that do....

Jim.