[Az-Geocaching] First Cache? Maybe

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:50:17 -0700

--=====================_58616760==_.ALT

At 09:16 AM 8/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>About this time last week I was being informed that my mother had had a
>heart attack. She broke her hip at age 84 and I've been her caregiver
>since then. Suffice to say, as she aged my life outside the house became
>to be lived in tiny chunks of time while she was napping. About a month
>ago she was hospitalized then went into a nursing home. It became obvious
>I would no longer be able to care for her at home. So I had to think about
>what my life would be like after she passed. Geocaching looked
>interesting, especially since I haven't had much opportunity to get out
>and explore.

I am sorry to hear about your mother.  If it is any help, I am glad that
she went peaceably in her sleep, I hope we can all be that fortunate when
our time comes.

As for cache hunting, sounds like you had quite an adventure even if you
didn't find the cache.  I suspect that you were VERY close to it.  I had a
little trouble finding that one also as there were a lot of placed that it
would have been tucked away.

You will find after a few finds that experience does help, but you will
always come across caches that are hidden in new and unusual ways.  That is
part of what keeps this a very interesting sport.

We have been doing this since last October, and have just a little over 80
finds so far.  Not much when you consider how many the folks up in Phoenix
have, but even after that many we are still surprised every now and then by
how a cache is hidden.  With any luck, we should be over 100 finds on Thursday.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_58616760==_.ALT

At 09:16 AM 8/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
this time last week I was being informed that my mother had had a heart
attack. She broke her hip at age 84 and I've been her caregiver since
then. Suffice to say, as she aged my life outside the house became to be
lived in tiny chunks of time while she was napping. About a month ago she
was hospitalized then went into a nursing home. It became obvious I would
no longer be able to care for her at home. So I had to think about what
my life would be like after she passed. Geocaching looked interesting,
especially since I haven't had much opportunity to get out and
I am sorry to hear about your mother.&nbsp; If it is any help, I am glad
that she went peaceably in her sleep, I hope we can all be that fortunate
when our time comes.<br><br>
As for cache hunting, sounds like you had quite an adventure even if you
didn't find the cache.&nbsp; I suspect that you were VERY close to
it.&nbsp; I had a little trouble finding that one also as there were a
lot of placed that it would have been tucked away.<br><br>
You will find after a few finds that experience does help, but you will
always come across caches that are hidden in new and unusual ways.&nbsp;
That is part of what keeps this a very interesting sport.<br><br>
We have been doing this since last October, and have just a little over
80 finds so far.&nbsp; Not much when you consider how many the folks up
in Phoenix have, but even after that many we are still surprised every
now and then by how a cache is hidden.&nbsp; With any luck, we should be
over 100 finds on Thursday.<br><br>