[Az-Geocaching] The problem with public land

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 10:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

But how close is "near"? As long as the people stay on
the marked paths and boardwalks, I would say that it
would be easy to make a case that the person did what
they were supposed to. The article sounds like the guy
left the marked trail in an effort to get closer. As
long as the approach range is marked on signs, then
I'd say he deserves the ticket.

The guy can consider it an expensive, and painful,
lesson that wilderness areas contain wild animals and
wild animals often aren't friendly.

Eric
TD