[Az-Geocaching] Archeaological Sites

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:42:05 -0700

 To all,(including Ms. Leonard)
I just wanted to add one last comment on this very ugly situation.  I understand that as a group we have tried to be as
polite as possible, but this has made me mad, and time has come to take off the gloves.

First of all as we all have been reading our own input, and most of us have been approached by our co-workers and
friends, stating 'this sounds like geocachers are a bunch of vandals'.  This is all because a certain yellow print
journalist did not follow the ethics in her profession.  If she would have only done her research to find the truth, but
to make the matter worse, the tabloid that she works for has put this on the front page.  They are all about money, and
selling papers, this really makes me think of how many other reports that are in this so called NEWS PAPER are full of
lies and mislead the public.  We all know how this article was preposterous.  Personally I will never buy that piece of
garbage again.  I implore all of our group do the same and pass the word, to our friends, families and coworkers.  They
claim to have power of the press, we have the power of the people.

What really set me off is she did not want our conversations to talk about her, well sorry sister that is what is great
about this country is freedom, and we have freedom of speech, but the only difference is we are speaking the truth, and
not a bunch of lies.

If she really cares about the truth or setting thing right, an apology is in order, from Ms. Leonard and the Arizona
Republic.

Denny Ford