[Az-Geocaching] FW: Response to "A high-tech scavenger hunt"

Justin Sever listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:02:31 -0700

This was the response that I got from the reporter in reguards to the
e-mail that I sent her this morning.   It looks like she had built a
canned response after all of the e-mails that she has been getting this
morning.   I wonder how the editor would feel about all of the e-mail
from the concerned citizens regarding this article?
--------------------------------

Thanks for your note. I'd be happy to discuss the issue with you, but
would prefer to do it over the phone. I'm at  (602) 444-4845 if you
would like to talk about it. Thanks.

--------------------------------

Ms. Leonard,

I read your article today, and to be honest was quite disturbed with
some of the items that you had written about.   I don't want to
criticize your article without knowing all of the facts, and that is why
I am writing you.

In your article you mentioned that several archaeological sites
throughout the state have been vandalized by geocachers.   You also
mentioned that trash was left behind, at several of the geocaching
sites.   My question to you is, what is the proof that you have that
vandalism was performed by geocachers and that geocachers were
responsible for trash being left?   Is this strictly based on the words
of the stewards, or is there evidence that geocaching is responsible?

I would appreciate your response, so that I might be better informed as
to what facts you received for this article, as opposed to opinions so
that I can better understand the validity of your accusations.

Thanks you,
Justin Sever