[Az-Geocaching] Destruction of geological site(s?)

Fleg . listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:11:18 -0600

Wow this post is almost as bad as the article writen about geocachers.
4X4's and ATV's do this, Jeeps and ATV's destroy that....  Once again a
select few give the rest of us a black eye.  Now you know how it feels.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
Perhaps the article should have been written about ATVs and 4x4s. We have
noticed that there is a definite correlation in the amount of trash and the
vehicle access. When you are in areas where you must travel by foot, there
is
a very small amount of trash. But when you are in areas where vehicles can
go, there are always bud light cans by the case and a bunch of other crap
one
can only wonder why someone took the trouble to haul it way out there,
unless
it was to use it for target practice and leave it behind. We say TRASHY
PEOPLE HAVE TRASHY WAYS. These are the same idiots who throw fast food
wrappers out the window on I-17 thinking "someone" else will pick it up. I
offer the following rewrite of the article:

An off road vehicle rampage has caused a panic among authorites who say the
offroaders are destroying archaelogical sites around the state. Using jeeps
and ATVs the slobs can literally drive right to more than 600 sites
throughout arizona and vandalize artifacts and throw trash out the
window....

Just another case of a few ruining it for the many. Maybe we have finally
stumbled upon who leaves those AOL cds in the caches? LOL

Jean
roadrunners