[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching outside AZ

Cache-Quest cache-quest@home.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:58:17 -0700

We visited several caches in NY, PA & CT while on vacation this summer.  It
was fun to see caches in other states and what cachers in other environments
do to hide caches. Caching takes you places you probably wouldn't go
otherwise.  Where we went there was usually a lot of heavy tree cover, but
it did not seem to interfere.  There were also a lot more insects! We did a
lot of driving while we were there. We flew into Hartford, CT and put 3000
miles on a rental car in 2 weeks. One thing we noticed is that the cache
density doesn't seem to be as high. In many areas we visited, the were no
caches. On our first cache trip back in Arizona after vacation, my son and I
agreed that we like it better in Arizona.  I guess we are just used to
dodging cacti.

Has anyone done any caching outside the US?

Jerry of  Team Cache-Quest    AZ: 43 NY: 5 CT: 1 PA: 1