[Az-Geocaching] New Stuff Online!!!

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:25:46 -0700 (MST)

> So, you can't change it? You don't believe I found the cache? :-) As you can
> see from the list, I have mingus mtn. listed as a find ("happy face") prior
> to the "sad face" entry. I didn't know at the time that the "faces" were
> tabulated....and it was a sad event to discover it stolen! :-)

The stats aren't based on boolean logic, it's not a you got it or you
didn't, it's actually based on how many times your got it or you didn't.
A cache could move from time to time and still be listed as the same
cache, so you might visit it more than once.  I think some people would
definalty complain if we didn't count their return attempts.

If this was your cache that you were just verifying that it was stolen, I
would recommend that you use a note to tell people that rather than a
not found since you aren't really "finding" it anyway... It's not lost to
you hehehe...
If it wasn't yours, then it sounds like you definatly didn't find it and
the stats are accurate.  Either way there isn't a lot we can do about it.
The stats are completely rewritten from scratch so that they can accuratly
represent any changes that take place.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek