[Az-Geocaching] Geo-corraling

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:11:24 -0700 (MST)

I was just watching TechTV and they were showing a collar that has a GPS
in it that they put on a cow that lets them not only keep track of them,
but to steer them around to where they want them.  They can draw a line on
a map of where the cows are and when the cow tries to cross the virtual
fence it will beep in the opposite ear of the direction they want the cow
to turn.  It does this 3 time is the cow still doesn't turn it give it a
zap like the electric fence would do.

Maybe we could get ahold of one of these collars to make a moving cache :)

I also read/saw somewhere that europe will be putting it's own GPS system
in orbit in the next couple of years.  They are predicting recievers that
are dual band using both system to greatly increase the accuracy.  Of
couse that will take a lot of the fun out of Geocaching, but I'm sure we
can come up with new ways to make it fun.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek