[Az-Geocaching] HEY LARRY!!!

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:10:37 -0700 (MST)

> I also see Arizona has a bunch of new geocachers. It's great to see new
> names and the increased activity. Are any of you lurking on this list? Maybe
> they don't know this Email list exists. Perhaps we could create a virtual
> cache, where the finder simply joins this list and sends a confirmation
> Email to get the "find". It would be a sneaky way of getting the word out to
> everyone about this list. Otherwise, they might not know it exists. What
> does everyone think?

Well, there are about 45 people on the list right now.  Obviously, most
are just lurking and enjoying everything people are posting.

I would bet that if people just started mentioning the list on their cache
finds that it would encourage people to join without a virtual cache.
Maybe little subtle hints that it would be good like "Took so and so's
additional clues that we got off the arizona geocachers listserv (include
link), and found the cache no problem"  Maybe something like that would
get people to join.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek