[Az-Geocaching] Another cache missing in action

Larry Farquhar lfar@home.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:49:17 -0700

Brian - Jason;

The other day, when geocaching.com was down, your stat web site showed ALL
caches as being archived. Of course, everyone's stats were real messed up.
Once the geocaching.com site was back up, your web site was back to normal.

On a side point - how often are your stats updated?

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Brian
Cluff
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 5:33 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Another cache missing in action

> Larry, this was a nice place for a cache.  If you ever head for that part
of
> the state, I recommend checking out this area.
>
> Bob, I think this was discussed before, but I don't remember why it is
> important to report archived caches.  Could you refresh my memory?

Well, it's interesting to know which caches are dissappearing, and until
Jason get his new crawler done that actually loggs into the site there
isn't a way for the stats pages on geocaching.snaptek.com to reflact which
ones are archived or not, and even worse, the way he's got his code setup
now, the caches dissappear all together from the stats.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek