[Az-Geocaching] Re: 2002 Arizona Geocaching Survivor Game - Comments Requested

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:20:32 -0700

At 05:04 AM 1/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Here are my opinions on some of the questions and comments raised in various
>postings.  I've been thinking that if there is not enough interest from our
>southern (Tucson?) or northern (Prescott or Flagstaff?) geocachers, perhaps
>I should do a smaller version focused on central Arizona.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to this yet, I have been pretty busy
all weekend and am just now sitting down to the computer for the first time.

I think that this is a good idea.  I don't know how much interest there
would be from folks down here in Tucson but I would be interested in
participating.  For that matter, I don't know how many Tucson cachers are
even on this list.

If the caches are listed on geocaching.com I think that they should have
the proper coordinates.  If they are not posted there and are put somewhere
like snaptek's web pages then I think it would be nice to make them real
caches as soon as the competition is over and then listed to geocaching.com.

I did like the question about 2wd access also.  While I have a fairly high
clearance 2wd pickup, there are some places that I just can't go.  I think
that all caches should be accessible by the most amount of people.

I don't care for the voting teams out of the competition and think that it
should pretty much be score only.

Just my .02 worth.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven