[Az-Geocaching] "Logging a not found"-question

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 31 Dec 1969 19:28:36 -0700

Well, it had to happen eventually...after 30 successful finds, we
finally got beaten.  Went up into the White Mountains off HWY 191
(HIGHLY recommend KP Cienega campground!) and tried to find a multi
called True Blue. Found the first part without issue...but the second
leg got us.  Came home to log out "not found" and come to find out the
owner has archived the cache because others (who did NOT log "not
founds") were unable to locate the second leg also. They must have
archived it sometime after Thursday night.  So this is my question....do
I still report my "not found"? OR what?  I want to be honest here!!!:)
Even though this cache caused us a lot of heartache...and scratched
legs...we had a fantastic weekend in the mountains and logged 3 other
finds:)
Thanks in advance!
C:)
Team desertSol